Our guest panelist is Allan Schoenberg (@allanschoenberg), director of corporate communications at CME Group (@cmegroup).
We welcome your comments, criticism and feedback. Please send email with attachments of 5MB or less to firstname.lastname@example.org Post a comment to our show page at iTunes.
In this episode:
1. Match.com Lawsuit Raises Key Issue: Who’s Responsible for Truth? – Is it your responsibility to share relevant information with your customers, even if you’re not sure it’s accurate?
2. Is Facebook ready for B2B? CME group is about to implement the new Facebook comment API into sections of its site. Traffic to our site from Twitter/FB has been going through the roof, Allan says. CME was initially skeptical about Facebook’s B2B potential, but Allan is impressed with recent Is this a big new opportunity for B2B?
3. Google releases Analytics 5 and tests Multi Channel Funnel reporting Amy Chang, Director of Product Management, Google Analytics announced the new feature at AdTech SF last week. Justin Cutroni has a blog post on it, and we have a two part series with Justin coming up on this podcast.
4. B2B Daily Deals Site Launches with Business Publisher – Daily deals sites such as Groupon and LivingSocial already have significant scale in the consumer arena, and the former has already begun experimenting with B2B offers. Business-to-business daily deals platform RapidBuyr launched yesterday, aided by a close partnership with Advance Publications-owned regional business publisher American City Business Journals.
a. Allan talks about how CME is integrating the Facebook API into its site and its potential to leverage events promotion.
b. Paul will emcee the B2B magazine Social Media Awards breakfast in New York on May 24† present and present a pre-conference educational seminar at the BMA Annual Conference in Chicago on June 1. The topic: Unleash Your Inner Publisher
c. Eric ís teaching the Social Media Marketing Workshop in Los Angeles, June 30-July 1. There are still seats left.
- B2B Social Media Podcast #8
- B2B Social Media Podcast #7
- B2B Social Media Podcast #6
- B2B Social Media Podcast #5
About the Podcast You’ve been listening to the B2B Social Media Podcast by Eric Schwartzman and Paul Gillin, co-authors of Social Marketing to the Business Customer— the first book devoted entirely to B2B social media marketing — discuss developments in and best practices for marketing to business customers online. Post a comment to our show page at iTunes.
Join our community at www.b2bsocialmediabook.com and send comments to comments @b2bsocialmediapodcast.com.
About our Guest Allan Schoenberg is director of corporate communications at CME Group, the world’s leading and most diverse financial marketplace. His team oversees media relations, social media, crisis management, message development, international initiatives, and broadcast/digital communications. CME† is one of the financial industry’s most active social media participants, with a Twitter following of more than 750,000 (@CMEgroup) and active presences on Facebook, Linkedin and a variety of other channels. He also has worked for Accenture, Edelman Worldwide, and Fleishman-Hillard. He is currently stationed in London.
About the Podcasters Paul Gillin and Eric Schwartzman are coauthors of the book “Social Marketing to the Business Customer” about B2B social media marketing. It’s available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Borders.
Eric Schwartzman @EricSchwartzman provides online social media training, social media strategy and social media policy governance to public relations, public affairs, corporate communications and marketing specialists. He has extensive experience integrating emerging information technologies into organizational communications programs through public speaking, hands-on training seminars, consulting and the development of corporate policies on social media usage. His clients have included Boeing, BYU, City National Bank, Environmental Defense Fund, Government of Singapore, Johnson & Johnson, NORAD Northcomm, Southern California Edison, UCLA, US Dept. of State, United States Army, US Embassy of Athens, the United States Marine Corps and many small to medium-sized companies and agencies. Eric is the instructor behind PRSAís top-rated social media and emerging treads training seminars, the Social Media Boot Camp and the Social Media Master Class, which are offered monthly in the US.
Paul Gillin (@pgillin) is principal of of Paul Gillin Communications.† Paul was founding editor-in-chief of TechTarget, one of the most successful technology media entities to emerge on the Internet. Before that, he was editor-in-chief and executive editor of the technology weekly Computerworld for 15 years. He wrote The New Influencers, Secrets of Social Media Marketing and The Joy of Geocaching. Paul writes a regular column for BtoB magazine and contributes to various blogs and online publications. Heís also a Research Fellow and a member of the advisory board of the Society for New Communications Research.
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)